The GSC – Givat Shmuel Community (R.A.) is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected.
At The GSC, we follow a few fundamental principles:
- We don’t ask you for personal information unless we truly need it;
- We don’t store your personal information on our servers or share it with anyone without your consent except to comply with the law, manage our services, develop our products, or protect our rights, and we won’t store your personal data for longer than needed;
- We will do our best to ensure the accuracy, integrity, and confidentially of the data;
What We Collect
Like most website operators and service providers, we collect anonymized information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as browser type, referring site, and date and time of each visitor request. Our purpose in collecting non-personally-identifying information is to better understand how people use our website and services.
Information you provide us with
This might be your name, email, billing or home address, date of birth, country of origin, etc – mainly information that is necessary for delivering you a product/service or to en.hance your experience with us.
You may provide data by filling in forms on our site (or otherwise) or by communicating with us by post, phone, email or other direct messaging, or otherwise, including when you:
- Order our products or services or otherwise make a financial transaction to our nonprofit.
- Create an account on our site;
- Register for or attend an event;
- Request resources or marketing be sent to you;
- Give us feedback or fill out a form;
- Contact us directly.
Information automatically collected about you
This includes information that is automatically stored by cookies and other session tools. For example, your shopping history, IP address, analytic information, etc. When you use our service or look at the contents of our website, your activities may be logged.
Information from our partners
We gather information from our trusted partners with confirmation that they have the legal grounds to share that information with us. This is either information you have provided them with directly or that they have gathered about you on other legal grounds.
For example, we receive:
- Analytics from providers such as Google, Facebook, and Mailchimp;
- Contact, financial, and transaction data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services, such as PayPal and Discount Bank;
- Identity Data, such as your name, email, date of birth, marital status, and gender, from social media platforms and oAuth providers;
Publically available information
We might gather information about you that is publicly available.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We only use your personal data when it is legally permitted. The most common uses of your personal data are:
- Where we need to perform the contract between us. For example:
- To operate the website, provide you with products and services you have requested, process your transactions, respond to support requests, manage events and resources, and notify you of changes to any service;
- To follow up after correspondence (in-person, phone, email, or direct messages).
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation. For example:
- To process donation, transaction, and other records, for compliance with nonprofit reporting.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party), and your interests and fundamental rights do not override these interests. For example:
- To personalize your experience and allow us to deliver the type of content and service offerings in which you are most interested;
- To provide you with updates, promotions, and marketing information about our services;
- To improve the quality of our products and services;
- Where you have granted us explicit consent.
We might process your Personal Data for more than one lawful ground, or for additional purposes that that are compatible with the original purpose for which the data was gathered. To do this we will ensure that:
- The link between purposes, context and nature of Personal Data is suitable for Processing;
- The processing would not harm your interest and there would be appropriate safeguard for Processing.
If you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying either for the processing of Personal Data, or when more than one legal basis may apply, please contact us.
If we need to use your Personal Data for a purpose unrelated to that for which we collected the data, we will notify you and explain the legal ground for processing.
We may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
How We Protect Your Personal Data
We do our best to keep your Personal Data safe and have in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being used or accessed in an authorized way. We use safe protocols for communication and transferring data (such as HTTPS). We use anonymizing and pseudonymizing where suitable. We monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks. All financial transactions are processed through a payment gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers. We also limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors, and other third parties who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Even though we try our best we cannot guarantee the security of information. However, we promise to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities should any breaches occur.
We do not share your Personal Data with strangers. As a rule we will not sell, trade,or otherwise transfer any personal data about you to third parties without your explicit consent.
This does not include:
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services;
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers who provide consultancy, banking, legal, insurance, and accounting services;
- Business partners or prospective business partners in operations;
- Nonprofit employees, members, or volunteers.
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
Cookies & tracking
Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser (if you allow) that enables the site’s or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
You can control your cookies and even disable cookies through your browser settings. If you disable cookies installation or you delete cookies from your computer’s hard disk you may be unable to use some of the features of our website, products and services.
- Facebook and Google for oAuth/Website login, and as our platform for communication with our users;
- Mailchimp for our email newsletters;
- Siteground, Cloudflare and Google GSuite for Nonprofit for data storage, security and backup;
- PayPal as our online payment gateway;
We also may include or offer other third-party products or services on our website.
These third-party services and sites have their own separate and individual privacy policies, which should be reviewed separately. We have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites.
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These include the right to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction of your personal data;
- Request erasure of your personal data;
- Object to processing of your personal data;
- Request restriction of processing your personal data;
- Request transfer of your personal data;
- Withdraw personal data.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge
a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with
your request in these circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your
personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not
disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in
relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your
request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old and our site is not suitable for children under 13.
For children from 13 years to full age, it is necessary the supervision of an adult or a guardian to register on site and buy a product.
It is the sole and unilateral responsibility of parents and guardians to monitor their children’s use of our site.
We take spam seriously. As such, we promise to:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, fill out this form and we will promptly remove you from all correspondence. Alternatively, you can follow the instructions at the bottom of each marketing email you receive. You can also withdraw your consent for certain types of marketing emails on a more granular basis here.
The GSC – Givat Shmuel Community (R.A)Herzog 22
Givat Shmuel, 5200306
Email: [email protected]
The GSC – Givat Shmuel Community (R.A.) is a registered Amutah (non-profit) in Israel. ID Number: 580608958.