The GSC – Givat Shmuel Community (R.A.) is a grassroots nonprofit run wholly by local volunteers. We are seeking a Chesed Chair to create and manage chesed projects and initiatives in the community.
In this position, you oversee the creation of initiatives that serve the needs of the local community, as well as organize volunteering and fundraising events for charitable causes.
This position is part of the Executive Board.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee the planning and execution of local chesed initiatives, volunteering and fundraising events.
- Create and maintain the event calendar, including events organized by other organizations.
- Recruit and manage individual volunteers and provide support in the management of events and initiatives.
- Meet with chairs of other committees on a regular basis to facilitate programming.
- Coordinate events with other committees and external organizations.
- Oversee the committee’s budget and event logistics.
- Work with the Communication Team to publicize events.
- Recruit event attendees and volunteers for initiatives.
- Attend all major committee and nonprofit events.
- Report on events to the Executive Board.
This is a volunteer position, and part of the organization’s Executive Board.
It requires a minimum commitment of 3 hours per week.
Please email your CV to email@example.com. Only people selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please Note: The GSC – Givat Shmuel Community is an Israeli Amutah (nonprofit). This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of the position.
- Exceptional Time Management and Organizational Skills.
- Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Interest in charity, social causes, and the well-being of individuals both inside and outside the community.