The GSC – Givat Shmuel Community (R.A.) is a grassroots nonprofit run wholly by local volunteers. We are seeking a Head of Communication to manage all our marketing and brand management, communication, public relations, and informational services, and increase overall reach and brand awareness.
In this position, you will be able to create innovate and exciting methods for public awareness and engagement, and both directly and indirectly help thousands of lone olim. You will be responsible for prioritizing and implementing social media strategy, and overseeing the continued development of our periodic newsletters, informational resources, and web and other digital content.
This position is part of the Executive Board.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage the development, implementation, and evaluation of the annual communication plan, in collaboration with the Board.
- Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic resources, including newsletters, booklets, and the website.
- Coordinate website maintenance and social management and ensure new and consistent information is published and updated regularly.
- Oversee and development promotional materials strategies for events.
- Manage all media contacts and direct communication with community members.
- Manage volunteers on the Communication Team.
- Meet and communicate regularly with other committee chairs and the Executive Board.
This is a volunteer position, and part of the organization’s Executive Board.
It requires a minimum commitment of 5 hours per week.
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only people selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please Note: The GSC – Givat Shmuel Community is an Israeli Amutah (nonprofit). This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of the position.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills, an eye for detail and impeccable grammar.
- Excellent organizational and team coordination abilities.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Excel), and Google Drive.
- Strong familiarity with social media.
- Ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment, in an atmosphere of distractions, multiple projects, and shifting priorities.
- Familiarity with one or more of the following software platforms a plus: Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, Mailchimp.
- Prior experience in social media marketing, content writing, and/or community organizing.