The GSC – Givat Shmuel Community (R.A.) is a grassroots nonprofit run wholly by local volunteers. We are seeking a nonprofit treasurer to manage and report on the organization’s finances.
In this position, you responsible for keeping track of all of our revenue and expenses, ensuring our finances are handled responsibly, and managing our budget. You will also work with our accountant in the creation of periodic documents regarding the financial health of the organization.
This position is part of the Executive Board.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain and monitor bank accounts.
- Track expenses and income.
- Issue timely invoices, receipts, and reimbursements.
- Prepare budget requests for invoice to the organization’s partners.
- Manage the nonprofit’s petty cash.
- Work with Secretary and our CPA to prepare and submit required financial documents.
- Help prepare and present the annual budget and financial reports to the Executive Board.
This is a volunteer position, and part of the organization’s Executive Board.
It requires a minimum commitment of 5 hours per week.
Please email your CV to email@example.com. Only people selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please Note: The GSC – Givat Shmuel Community is an Israeli Amutah (nonprofit). This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of the position.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to work effectively independently and deadline-focused.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Excel).
- Basic bookkeeping skills.
- Moderate fluency in Hebrew.
- The following skills are a plus: know how to create and reconcile budgets, know how to create financial statements and reports, familiarity with QuickBooks.