The GSC – Givat Shmuel Community (R.A.) is a grassroots nonprofit run wholly by local volunteers. We are seeking a Social Media Manager to manage our online presence and increase overall reach and local awareness of our services, events, and activities.
In this position, you will be able to create innovative and exciting methods for public awareness and engagement, and manage a community of thousands of lone olim. You will be responsible for implementing and monitoring our social media strategy.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Creating and implementing a content calendar.
- Increasing the number of followers we have on Facebook by designing new content, and engaging with other Pages and personal accounts.
- Monitoring and replying to comments and direct messages from community members (initially under supervision from the Head of Communication).
- Creating and managing online profiles on Twitter and Instagram.
- Track key analytics to assess trends and activity via Google Analytics, Facebook Insights and Twitter Analytics, and adjust plans based on performance.
This is a volunteer position, and part of the Communication Team
It requires a minimum commitment of 3 hours per week.
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only people selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please Note: The GSC – Givat Shmuel Community is an Israeli Amutah (nonprofit). This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of the position.
- Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and GSuite and basic photo-editing software. Experience with Adobe Suite a plus.
- Familiarity and facility with mainstream social media platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Interest in charity, social causes, and the wellbeing of individuals both inside and outside the community.