The GSC – Givat Shmuel Community (R.A.) is a grassroots nonprofit run wholly by local volunteers. We are seeking a Torah Chair to create and manage Jewish learning activities in the community.
In this position, you identify the needs of the religious community, oversee the planning and creation of shiurim and other Jewish Learning activities that meet these needs, and coordinate with other committees and external organizations.
This position is part of the Executive Board.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Identify the needs of the religious community.
- Oversee the planning and execution of weekly and periodic shiurim, and other Jewish learning activities and events.
- Create and maintain the event calendar, including events organized by other organizations.
- Recruit and manage individual volunteers and provide support in the creation of events.
- Meet with chairs of other committees on a regular basis to facilitate programming.
- Coordinate events with other committees and external organizations.
- Oversee the committee’s budget and event logistics.
- Work with the Communication Team to publicize events.
- Recruit event attendees and attend all major committee and nonprofit events.
- Report on events to the Executive Board.
This is a volunteer position, and part of the organization’s Executive Board.
It requires a minimum commitment of 5 hours per week.
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only people selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please Note: The GSC – Givat Shmuel Community is an Israeli Amutah (nonprofit). This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of the position.
- Exceptional Time Management and Organizational Skills
- Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Interest in religious life and activities in the community, and a sensitivity to religious beliefs that are not identical with your own.