The GSC – Givat Shmuel Community (R.A.) is a grassroots nonprofit run wholly by volunteers. We are seeking an enthusiastic Volunteer Coordinator to recruit, train, appreciate, and coordinate our amazing volunteers.
It takes a competent leader to succeed in this profession. You should know how to distinguish talent and do everything possible to motivate and inspire. You must possess excellent organizational skills and ability to communicate with people from diverse backgrounds and experience.
The goal is to ensure that our organization is always staffed with the best and most reliable individuals, and that they are correctly utilized for the fulfillment of our mission.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Asses organizational and program-specific needs to determine the number and range of volunteers needed for particular projects.
- Source and recruit volunteers through various techniques (databases, email, social media, etc).
- Collect information on availabilities and skills.
- Prepare orientation materials for new volunteers, arrange for appropriate training when needed.
- Assign responsibilities to the right people for special events.
- Coordinate with committee heads to monitor volunteers needs and and successes.
- Communicate frequently volunteers to assess their progress and satisfaction.
- Cultivate a positive and supportive atmosphere by recognizing volunteer efforts and assisting volunteers with their own endeavors.
This is a volunteer position, and part of the organization’s Executive Board.
It requires a minimum commitment of 5 hours per week.
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only people selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please Note: The GSC – Givat Shmuel Community is an Israeli Amutah (nonprofit). This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of the position.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and teem coordination abilities.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Excel)
- Ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment, in an atmosphere of distractions, multiple projects, and shifting priorities,
- A pleasant, outgoing personality,
- Prior experience in customer service, human resource management, or working with a nonprofit organization.