The GSC – Givat Shmuel Community (R.A.) is seeking a fundraiser effective immediately. The desired candidate will have knowledge and experience in fundraising programs and activities, as well as excellent organizational skills. He or she will create and manage a portfolio of major donors, and oversee the management of donor-giving and fundraising activities, year-long and capital campaigns, and the creation of fundraising materials.
The key objectives for this position are to:
- Leverage the nonprofit’s programs and relationships to secure major gifts and/or grants from corporations, foundations, organizations, and individuals.
- Put in place the initial building blocks for an individual gifts program.
- Establish a development program infrastructure that includes a donor tracking database, donor communications, and evaluation and reporting systems.
Duties & Responsibilities
Corporate and Foundation Relations (50%)
- Develop and implement a strategic fundraising strategy to secure corporate and foundation contributions.
- Identify potential funders for specific programs.
- Develop relationships with funders through presentations, personal meetings, regular communications, or arranging for meetings with the nonprofit’s management.
- Draft and develop funding proposals; track and meet grant submission and reporting deadlines.
- Track the fulfillment of grants and serve as an ongoing liaison to donors.
Major Gifts (15%)
- Create new and leverage existing relationships to secure major gifts from individuals.
- Work with the Executive Board to identify, cultivate, and solicit major gift prospects and donors.
- Lead the production of special letters, gift acknowledgements, and other communications with major gift donors.
- Provide follow-up and stewardship with donors.
Systems and Infrastructure (10%)
- Create the fundamental systems required to run a best practices fundraising program.
- Develop and execute the nonprofit’s annual fundraising plain.
- Develop a donor and foundation database, and maintain donor records.
- Manage donor acknowledgement and follow-up.
- Identify and oversee the creation of all necessary fundraising materials, across print, web and social media.
- Manage fundraising volunteers and organize an annual drive.
Individual Donor Development (10%)
- Establish the early building blocks on which the GSC can build a broad-based individual giving program.
- Design and implement strategies for building a contact list.
Capital Campaign (15%)
- Establish and prepare for the nonprofit’s first capital campaign.
- Create and implement a strategic plan for the nonprofit’s capital campaign.
- Oversee the creation of all necessary resources and materials for the campaign.
- Provide periodic reports and evaluation of the campaign’s success.
- 2+ years of college education
- Comfort with ambiguity, the ability to respond adeptly to rapidly changing priorities, and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Commitment to professional ethics in working with highly confidential, sensitive information.
- Experience with the use of social media for marketing or fundraising campaigns.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (fluency in both Hebrew and English).
- Extensive computer skills include intermediate or higher level proficiency with Microsoft Office, and familiarity with CRMs/ electronic donor tracking databases and Google Apps.
- Extremely detail oriented and organized, with the strong ability to successfully multitask as necessary or requested.
- Proven ability to work unsupervised and make decisions and solve problems independently, effectively, and creatively.
- Demonstrated success in working as a member of a team and developing effective working relationships with Board members, staff, volunteers, the general public, and donors.
- B.A. in Communications or Marketing
- Prior experience in grant writing, individual donor development, and/or fund development.
The salary for the position is commission-based for the first year; afterwards a monthly salary will be negotiated.
Please email your CV to email@example.com. Only people selected for interviews will be contacted.
Please Note: The GSC – Givat Shmuel Community is an Israeli Amutah (nonprofit). This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications of the position.