Last month, the Knesset Economic Affairs Committee revised penalties for traffic violations – including for electric bikes.
The new fines are as follows:
- Running a red light – 1,500 NIS.
- Driving a vehicle whose registration expired within the last 6 months – 1,000 NIS.
- Driving a vehicle with a license that expired within 4-24 months – 750 NIS.
- Driving 31-40 km/h over the speed limit on city streets or driving 41-50 km/h over the speed limit on intercity streets – 1,500 NIS.
- Failing to stop for pedestrians – 250 NIS.
- Riding an electric bicycle under the age of 16 – 1,000 NIS.
- All other electric bicycle fines – 250 NIS.
Be warned: these new fines come into effect next Friday (17.2.17).