Purim season has officially started, which means hamentashen, costume sales, and late-night firecrackers. We’re also planning multiple styles of Megillah Reading, so if you’re interested in reading a perek, let us know.
We also have finished updating our BIU guides, with more content updates on the way!
In other news:
- Givat Shmuel is celebrating Israel’s 70th birthday with new logo, and you get a say! 19 logos have been submitted by students in the city, and you can vote here for the one you like best. The winning logo will be used by the municipality.
- Transportation updates:
- The 18 bus line will now be extended all the way to Kanyon Ayalon instead of just Ben Gurion St.
- The 17 bus line will run more often during the day and will be running in both directions until 11:20 pm (instead of the previous 8:15 pm).
- Starting February 13th, a new bus line, the 223, will run from Givat Shmuel to Ben Gurion Airport every 30-45 minutes between 6:00 am and 11:00 pm.
- The Givat Shmuel Municipality and the Matnas invites all children with learning, communication and high functioning disabilities to join the Special Needs Club. The club meets once a week for an hour and a half with other residents to talk, get advice, learn, share and develop a real connection with similar families.
- This Tuesday, February 13th, at 20:30, the Givat Shmuel Psychological Services Department is hosting a lecture on Parental Authority. Cost is 40 NIS.