April showers bring May flowers, and with last week’s torrential downpour, that means we should be off to a bright and sunny month!
Here’s what’s happening:
- The Givat Shmuel Municipality is sponsoring a First Grade Prep Class for English-speaking parents. It’s a great opportunity to make sure your kids are ready for the big change of first grade. If you are interested, please RSVP here.
- Lag Ba’omer is this Wednesday- make sure you’ve got your wood ready! Here are the locations in the city where you can build your bonfires.
- Dust off your running shoes and get ready for the Givat Shmuel Marathon! It takes place on May 11th, and there are 2, 5, and 10 km routes, as well as a 300 meter kids dash. Early registration closes May 2nd, and then the prices jump, so don’t wait too long to sign up.
- Do you sometimes feel out of place in the Israeli workplace? We (in partnership with the Givat Shmuel Municipality) are bringing in Osnat Lautman from OLM Consulting to run a 6 session workshop in English, starting May 14th. To register, please email Ari Wruble.
- Shavuot is coming up, and like every year, we’re organizing a Shavuot All-Night Learning Program, with a myriad of shiurim given by the community members. If you want to give a shiur, please let us know!
- Mark your calendars, because Moshe Peretz is performing in Givat Shmuel! May 21st at 8:45 pm at the new event park at the corner of Hanasi and Hazeitim – free entry!