The heat wave is finally over, and we’re back with some weekly GivShmu updates. Here’s whats going on:
- The Givat Shmuel Marathon is this Friday, and you still have a couple days to sign up. Keep in mind the following roads will be closed to traffic during the race: Pnina Klein, Hanasi, Hazeitim, HaEtrog, Harav Goren, Hasivim, Menachem Begin, Zvulun Hamer, Yoni Netanyahu, Landau, Derech Hamelech, Shamir, Uri Tzvi Greenberg, Jabotinsky, Max v’Anna Webb.
- This Wednesday is the last day to sign up for the Cross-Cultural Communication Workshop, organized by the municipality. The dates and some of the details have changed, but sign up is still via email to Ari Wruble.
- As we mentioned last week, the municipality is organizing a Prep Class for parents with children going into first grade. You need to sign up by Thursday.
- Election season in BIU is about to start, and elections are set for next month. We’ll be posting more about the party platforms as it gets closer, and the Camp Givat Shmuel mods will be hard at work keeping the running-mates from flooding the group with spam.
- And, in non-Givat Shmuel news, food prices have gone down by %5.5 since 2015, but gas prices went up again this past Monday to 6.46NIS a liter. If you own a car, now might finally be time to start charging asking for loose change from your trempers.