Without further ado, here is what’s actually going on in
Ramat Gan Givat Shmuel:
- After some rumors of cancellation, we’re happy to confirm that Moshe Peretz will be performing tonight, as scheduled.
- The BIU Dean of Students Office is organizing an End of Year Tiyul to the Galilee. The cost is only 15 NIS for students, but you must RSVP no later than May 30th.
- Also on May 30th: A workshop on Buying Property in Israel, organized by the Iriyah. It should be everything we were clamoring for it to be on the Facebook thread.
- SAVE THE DATE: June 7th, the Chesed Committee is holding its first ever Sports Tournament for charity. The Chai Tournament a great chance to have fun, woo others with your athletic prowess, win some (symbolic) prizes, and raise money for a great cause.
- The fight over the future jurisdiction of Bar-Ilan University is heating up. This week saw Ramat Gan respond by literally marking its territory on some major streets, in response to a court ruling allowing the motion to return the university campus back to Givat Shmuel to continue. We’ve got ways to go before students can start getting an Arnona discount, and we’ll be sure to keep you updated.
* We take the notion of spam and the sensitivities of our Shomer-Shabbat readership seriously. While we write each email ourselves, they’re scheduled to send automatically, and we forgot to account for Shavuot. We’ve already taken steps to ensure that future emails are never scheduled for Chag, and that when they do go out, they’ll actually contain all the recent news and upcoming events that you should know about.