It’s too hot out to think of a quipy intro, so let’s get right to it. Here’s what’s happening in the GS:
- It’s summer, and that means Kavei Layla to Tel Aviv are now running every night of the week.
- Good news: there’s a new bus line to Herzliya – Metropoline Line 621. Bad news, it only runs 3 times a day.
- Speaking of, Yeshiva World News has a list of the worst buses in Israel. Surprising no-one in Ramat Amidar, the 61 is included.
- Mayim Bialik has hidden signed copies of her new book all around Israel, with clues being posted on her Instagram account. Maybe you’ll spot one while waiting for the 61.
- Ben & Jerry’s is celebrating 40 years in Israel by passing out free Ice Cream on a Birthday Tour. The closest stop to us in in Petach Tikva on the 9th.
- The “Rope Park” will shortly start requiring residents to present entry cards during the afternoon hours in the summer, and over the Chagim. One card works for a group (including of non-resident friends), and are being mailed out automatically to parents. If you’re not a parent, you can call the Moked and request one.
- Givat Shmuel is hosting its own Beer Festival! It’s set for August 23rd, and entry is free!
- Israel Post is being privatized. While the sell-off will take a few years to complete, it should hopefully lead to fewer lost packages from AliExpress.