It’s September in Givat Shmuel, and as all the kids head back to school, here’s what’s going on in Givat Shmuel:
- Still looking for a scholarship? A new initiative called Milgapo has a list of over 850 different scholarships for students.
- If you or someone you know is travelling to Israel over Sukkot, be aware: 3 out of the Arba Minim are being banned on flights into Israel, and there is a 1 per-passenger limit on Etrogs. Of course, you can always pick up a new set at the Shuk Arba Minim on 16-26 September.
- Cellcom is waring of a major phishing attack on its subscribers. If you get an SMS regarding payment, ignore it and contact customer support!
- The Givat Shmuel Community Sukkah is BACK! Sign up now if you want to reserve a spot at a meal over Shabbat or Chag.
- SAVE THE DATE: The Welcome (Back) Shabbaton is set for October 26-27. Registration for meals is open on the website – so fill out the form and let us know if you’re coming.
Also, we’ve just launched our Annual Fundraising Campaign for 2018-19. This year is goal is $10,000. Please lend your support however you can, and help us make this year the best one for Givat Shmuel Olim so far!